Friday, June 8, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

So does anyone know what we, or at least me, are celebrating today?  Anyone?  Anyone?  Well would you believe that 20 years ago today (June 8, 1992) I first walked through the Liquid doors as an actual employee. Well I did.  And what a time it's been.  In the picture below on the left is my employee picture taken on my first day.  Well actually it was at the Annual Sales Meeting in July at Eagle Creek State Park in Findlay, IL.  (Was anyone reading this actually there?)  The banquet had a Hawaiian theme.  (Man I was good looking.)  And the picture on the right is nearly 20 years later actually in Hawaii.  That was January of 2012.  Wow, full circle, kind of.  (I'm sure that some of the readers will know where I am in that picture.)
Now I found that 1992 picture today in a picture album at the office.  (Someday I should put in some of the other pictures that I found.)  Look how eager I was, as I was just beginning the jouney of high usability plant nutrition.  Am I worn out now?  Heck no, I'm looking forward to the next 20 years!  (Can't wait for that picture.)  Fertilizer life is so good that I have had only had one sick day in 20 years.  Agro-Culture Liquid Fertilizers was quite a bit different back then.  The word hadn't quite gotten out like it has today.  We didn't have all of the luxuries of today, and it was quite a challenge.  This is true: shortly after starting I kind of had some doubts, and said that I would just work here until I found something better.  Well, 20 years later, I'm still looking. But I don't think anything better will come along.  I am so fortunate to have been around in the early days and especially glad to have spent so many great years working with Mr. Cook.  So I'm committed to Liquid as the Research Proven way to superior crop nutrition!  Happy Anniversary indeed.