Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!!!

So I'm a day late, but HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!  You have probably seen pictures on TV from Sydney, Australia because they are the first big city to have it be January 1.  Well this picture was from someone who was actually there, namely RSM Stuart (of Montana) who wanted to get a head start on the year.  (You can see that famous opera house in the lower left.)  Thanks, Stuart.
Well I had to run some business errands on New Year's Day Tuesday, and happened by the NCRS.  Here is what Farm 1 looks like as it rests up for spring.  Regular readers will know how I like to commemorate milestones.  I did a little math and did you know that 2013 will be the 20th season of research here?  (It's a good thing I have 20 fingers and toes. Don't know what I will do next year.)
Here is a picture of a plot of sweet corn on that same Farm 1 in the summer of 1994.  I remember it like it was yesterday, as the Liquid treatment on the right outyielded fertilizer X on the left.  I have some other pictures somewhere that show more plots.  Maybe I'll find them and share them later.  You can see that those same trees are still there, but older.
Well I am already on an important Fertilizer Mission today through the end of the week.  Enjoy the year.