Monday, November 12, 2012

Planting Some Waving Wheat in OK

So last week after my TV show was over, I drove to Oklahoma where we planted some wheat test plots.  We worked with a contract researcher in West Central OK.  It is the same one that we built the Liquid applicator for the planter last spring.  And by "we" I meant Doug and Phil at the NCRS.  But for wheat, Oklahoma Sales Account Manager Jacob put together a manifold with tubes running down inside the double disk openers.  Here Jake makes the final adjustments.  OK, it's a "classic" drill, but it will work.
They did a nice job of planting the plots.  There are several comparisons of different Liquid, liquid and dry treatments, plus methods of application (like broadcast and post-emergence.)  Now the other important ingredient is rain.  I didn't bring that, but hopefully they have some there. 
Now here is a picture I took of a squirrel.  It has nothing to do with anything related to wheat plots.  But I liked it and I have a three picture minimum.
So tomorrow (Tuesday) I am off on another fertilizer mission.  Hopefully it will be a good one and I'll see another squirrel or something.