Sunday, May 15, 2016

Goodbye Picasa. (Didn't even know you were gone).

So my regular laptop has been under the weather, and had to go in for some service.  Unfortunately it was not the kind of service where you sit in the waiting room for a while, and then you get it back. So to make it so I can still do work, I got a loaner.  Also unfortunately, you get dependent on all of your apps and files.  (Fortunately I have Carbonite file backup, so I can still work.  I do recommend it.) But I am out of town on a fertilizer mission and thought it was time for a blog post.  I started getting my pictures around and I usually edit them if they are too dark, not straight, etc.  I love Picasa for that as it is versatile and very easy to use.  Well I went to download Picasa to my loaner, and....gasp...Google has removed Picasa from existence!  It happened a few months ago. They want you to use their Google Photo app.  Well that is mainly for photo backup.  I don't need that.  I need editing, and Google Photo only offers very basic editing ability.  And I don't have time to search and learn how to use something new.  So I will be happy when I get my own laptop back and can still use Picasa.  It just won't be updated by Google anymore. But like I said, I don't like change.  (Well some change is good like new AgroLiquid nutrients and planter technologhy.  But leave my picture stuff alone.)  Don't get me wrong, I like Google for searching and even hosting Blogspot.  But why not keep Picasa to work with their photo storage?

By the way, if any of this blog's loyal readers knows of a good and easy to use photo-editing app, please let me know.  Thanks.